Your work is challenging and fulfilling. You're in the groove, on the track, hitting on all cylinders, but somehow you volunteered to plan the "Perfect Picnic." What now? WTF? OMG!
Do you check Task Rabbit on the commute to see if you can trust the teenage part time Uber Driver who does catering too? Are you about to choke down frozen pizza again because you now have 3 more hours of party planning tonight on approved overtime on your own time?
(BTW, here's a few ‘Golden Rules’ we’d like to share with you that'll help you enjoy the party with your guests and make the planning process smooth and enjoyable no matter how you decide to organize it all.)
1. Pick a theme to get your creative juices flowing. Start with Carnival, Hawaiian Luau, or Surfin' Safari and then customize for your unique style. The choices are endless!
2. Entertainment is the key to a fun day in the sun. A Bluetooth Jambox can never match the high energy of a DJ acting as MC to keep the day interesting by leading games, dancing and competitive challenges. Make sure to include a mix of interactive entertainment like clowns, face painters, balloon artists, puppet shows, tarot card readers, strolling magicians, henna artists, and carnival game booths with prizes.
3. Color, color, color! Create a festive atmosphere using balloons, colorful table clothes, centerpieces, sunglasses, beach balls and plush toys.
4. A picnic screams FINGER FOOD! Grab-and-go items like a fully loaded hot dog and hamburger bar are a popular way to refuel without needing a fork and knife. Of course if you have tables, you can always go chicken and ribs BBQ with smokehouse sides like baked beans, coleslaw and cornbread. Remember the veggies too so nobody feels left out. Keep it local, seasonal and fresh. For a real treat add specialty food carts like Cotton Candy, Sno Cones, Churros and Popcorn.
5. Everybody loves dessert! Include healthy and fresh items like ice cold watermelon with a seasonal fresh fruit display including creamy yogurt and granola, but don't forget the decadent choices like colorful candies, cupcakes, pies, brownies and cookies for those with a sweet tooth.
Back to list